Good Morning PeaceMakers!
If this is your first time on the site, my name is Melissa Rivers of OriginsofPeace.com. I am a Peace Coach helping individuals and business owners take action to solve problems using their unique gifts and talents.
Last week we spent time developing a routine with our 3 Day Fast, The Fundamental Necessities of Success. We denounced procrastination and made room for process, completion and reward in our lives. We completed a fast, studied scriptures and affirmed positivity. Click here to grab this essential free tool.
In keeping the same momentum, let’s talk about the importance of having an established morning routine.
If we’re honest with ourselves, routines are difficult to implement. Getting started can be tough.
I would like to encourage you that establishing a morning routine is totally worth the effort. Waking up at a designated time, and putting a few tasks in place will set the tone for your entire day.
My morning routine includes 3 fundamental necessities:
- Waking up to a musical alarm. I’ve programmed Alexa to wake me up to some good, inspirational, soul-stirring music. This week’s song of choice is “Thank You”, by Benita Washington. Listening to this song reminds me of how grateful I am for life. I lay in bed while the song plays listening to the words and thinking about all the victories in my life and the obstacles that I’ve overcome.
- I read scripture or an inspirational quote. I am very much an Old Testament girl. A Torah girl to be exact. I love the first 5 books of the bible. Most days you will find me in Exodus. I love Proverbs and Psalms as well.
- I love the book of Exodus because it reinforces the necessity of progression for me. It inspires me to keep moving forward through conflict, doubt and uncertainty. The only way out of a tough situation is to keep going. Exodus gives the direction to “gather & go” when dealing with situations like anxiety, unfaithfulness and lack of resources, just to name a few. You gather the lesson that you need from the event and then you move on! There’s so much instruction in Exodus. I encourage you to spend time reading this extremely informative book if you haven’t recently.
- I speak positive affirmations over myself and silently meditate. I believe in positivity and I very much believe in the gift of silence. In a time when things seem to be extremely negative and moments of silence are hard to grab, you have to make time to be kind to yourself and speak life affirming words of encouragement. I am providing an example of a few affirmations that I speak over myself throughout the day:
- I am loved
- I am appreciated
- I am rewarded
- I am successful
- All things work together for my good
After repeating the affirmations 3 times, I sit in silence for a few minutes and take time to absorb the words. I visualize what each phrase represents in my life.
Next week I will break down each phrase and tell you what each represents to me.
The 3 practices that I’ve mentioned are the core foundation of my morning routine. Some mornings I add journaling while enjoying a cup of herbal tea from http://www.handsofsage.com.
If you currently do not have a morning routine established, I encourage you to get one. Doing so will be one of the best and most strategic decisions that you can implement along your path of peace.
Have an awesome week!
**Bonus content included in the audio!**